We all hate it. You’re in a hurry. You go to shut down your PC/laptop and get the cursed “Preparing to install updates”.
But this is important. Hackers are finding ways to circumvent security in Windows all the time. For your identity’s sake you need to keep your system up to date. So let Windows keep you protected with the latest updates.
By default, Windows installs updates at 3:00 am every night. If you leave your computer on all the time then you are probably covered.
To find out if you have outstanding updates do the following:
On Windows 7:
1. Go to the Start menu and at the bottom type “windows update” in the search bar.
2. Select Windows Update in the found items.
3. Click the “Install updates” button.
On Windows 8/8.1:
1. Move your mouse pointer into the bottom right of your display. The Charms menu will pop out.
2. Select Search and type Windows Update.
3. Select Windows Update from the results.
4. Click the “Install Updates” button.
Here is a link to an article that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about Windows Update:
Microsoft Windows Update Overview, All You Need To Know
Stay safer by keeping your system up to date!